WATERLOO — The Waterloo Events Committee has planned several events in conjunction with the Pianos on the Square event in Auburn.
An Evening of Fun is planned Tuesday, Aug. 6, from 6-8 p.m. in Fran Thomson Park. The Waterloo volunteer firefighters and the Waterloo police and reserves will be present.
Hot dogs will be provided by Warm A Heart and popcorn by the The Waterloo Lions Club. Participants can join in to play archery hoverball.
The Events Committee encourages Waterloo residents to play the pianos set up around town.
Families, or anyone interested in hosting a concert, can post information on the Waterloo Public Library’s Facebook page.
Five pianos are stationed in Waterloo:
• in front of the Lion’s Den — decorated by the Waterloo Girl Scouts;
• between Hart’s Grocery and Warm at Heart — to be decorated by St. Michael’s youth group;
• next to Baker Insurance — decorated by the Tarbet family of Waterloo;
• in front of Eagle Park (across from Farmers State Bank) — decorated by First Beginnings Day Care of New Hope Christian Center; and
• in front of Waterloo Grant Township Public Library — decorated by the library’s young adult and teen group.
The pianos have been donated to Waterloo and are free to anyone. Contact the Waterloo Town Hall at 837-7428 or the Waterloo library at 837-4491 for more information.
The Events Committee will host a movie night Friday, Aug. 16, at Fran Thomson Park in Waterloo. The movie will start at dusk, with free popcorn. Participants are asked to bring their own beverages, lawn chairs, blankets and bug spray. The committee will show, “Step Up Revolution.” The film is rated PG-13.