AUBURN — Join the Eckhart Public Library for Dog Tales on Saturday, May 11, from 9:45-10:30 a.m. at the Auburn Plaza location. Patrons of all ages are invited to help service dogs in training by reading a book aloud.
The library is highlighting one of its newest items, “Property of the Rebel Librarian” by Allison Varnes. June is known as a good kid who doesn’t get into trouble — that is, until her parents deem the books she’s trying to read “inappropriate.” This one event spirals into a massive book ban at her school, and June thinks it isn’t right. After discovering a Little Free Library with “contraband” books, her classmates start secretly trading books and fighting for their freedom to read. Find this book at Auburn Plaza location in the teen section.
Here’s what else is happening around the library campus May 6-11:
● Teen Book Club: Teens in grades 6-12 are invited to join a book club Monday from 5-6 p.m., at the Teen Library. For the month of May the group will be reading “The Boy at the Top of the Mountain” by John Boyne. There will be no book club for the months of June, July and August.
● Lego Club: The group will meet Wednesday from 4-5 p.m. at the Teen Library.
● Kids in the Kitchen: Kids and teens can learn their way around food prep, food from other cultures, and what goes into good eating Thursday from 4-5 p.m. at the Teen Library.
● Brew+Books Book Club: The group will be discussing “The Clockmaker’s Daughter” by Kate Morton Thursday from 6-7 p.m. at the Auburn Brewing Company, 309 N. Main St.
● Magic: The Gathering (MTG) Club will meet Friday from 5-7 p.m. at the Teen Library. Formats include a mix of Standard/Modern, Commander and Pauper. New members, beginners and experts alike, are always welcome.
● The Friends of Eckhart Public Library will be holding their monthly book sale Saturday, May 11, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., with 9-10 a.m. for Friends members only and 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. for everyone, at the Willennar Administrative Annex, 212 W. 12th St. Friends memberships will be available at the door.