INDIANAPOLIS — All veterans and active-duty military personnel, and everyone in their vehicle, will be admitted free to DNR state parks, reservoir properties, state forest recreation areas and state off-road vehicle riding areas on Veterans Day, today.
This includes admission to Falls of the Ohio State Park’s Interpretive Center.
“We appreciate the sacrifices and service of our veterans and active-duty military and look forward to recognizing them with a day to explore some of the best outdoor places in our state,” said Terry Coleman, director of Indiana State Parks.
Veterans and military personnel should present ID or evidence of military service where entrance gates are in operation. For proof of military status, gate attendants will accept:
• Discharge papers (veteran’s DD Form 214)
• Veteran license plates: Ex-POW, Purple Heart, Disabled Hoosier Veteran, Pearl Harbor Survivor. Veteran license plates also include:
• Air Force veteran
• Army veteran
• Coast Guard veteran
• Marine Corps veteran
• Merchant Marine veteran
• Navy veteran
• U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Disability Award Letter
• Veterans hunting and fishing license
• Documents showing veteran benefits with veteran’s name on document
• Any other certificate or verification letter or form that establishes past or present military service
For general information about state park, reservoir, forest properties, and state off-road vehicle riding areas, see dnr.IN.gov.